Secure-Mail is the compliant messaging system that lets dentists, specialists and labs easily and safely share private patient information. It is a web-based dental collaboration platform, very much like email, that centralizes communication between dentists, office managers, specialists and dental labs in convenient and familiar message threads. The secure, HIPAA compliant software safely accelerates the sharing of patient data so that treatments can be delivered more quickly and patients are more satisfied.
“I recommend Brightsquid hands down. If you’re transferring
patient information it’s a no brainer.”
- Michael Lasky, May Dental Arts
Five critical benefits Brightsquid subscribers receive:
- Privacy Protection and Regulatory Compliance
- Clinic Efficiency
- Ease of use and adoption
- Responsive expert support
- Secure large file transfer
Exclusive discount for DenteMax dentists: Annual Dentist Subscription for only 30.99/month!
Start saving today - go to brightsquid.com and use the discount code: DENTEMAX or call (800) 238-6503 ext 108.
Included in your Dentist Subscription:
- 5 Internal Accounts (1 doctor + 4 support staff)
- HIPAA certified Secure-Mail messaging to protect your practice and maintain confidentiality of health records
- Unlimited data storage accessible from anywhere and at anytime
- 500 MB Attachments to all Secure-Mail messages
- Unlimited 2-way communication with collaborators
- Unlimited 2-way communication with patients
How Brightsquid saves your practice:
Exclusively available through Brightsquid, Secure-Mail works just like e-mail (simply compose, attach and send) with an important distinction - all communications meet patient privacy compliance standards. Secure-Mail also creates process efficiencies that significantly reduce costs (such as eliminating mail and fax) and help you work faster so that more can be done in a day.
Patient privacy is a growing concern for dental professionals. Recently, we have seen fines and lawsuits targeting smaller organizations with devastating repercussions (all it takes is one unhappy patient to start an audit) including over $200,000 in fines and penalties and as much as a 70% drop in patient loyalty.
A common misconception is that having a signed patient consent form to share information makes it acceptable to send information via email. However, this is not the case because traditional email is NOT compliant with patient privacy laws. This is due to reasons such as:
- Not Secure - To be compliant, data must be secure and encrypted during the sending and storage of the data.
- Not Auditable - To be compliant, there must be an auditable record of who was able to read, write and delete all patient information. The way regular email travels the internet in transmission makes it impossible to track who viewed the information along the way.
- No Disposal of Data - To be compliant, procedures must be in place to address the final disposition of data. Typical email systems hold and control your private information on their schedule.
- Under the law, patients are not able to consent to you sending their information via email to other clinics.